Click here for Sep 4, 2004 update #3

Here is where you can read updates on the condition and treatment of Blake.
Some of the descriptions are graphic so PLEASE DO NOT READ IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW.
StepDad
Site Admin

Click here for Sep 4, 2004 update #3

Post by StepDad »

Just got home from the hospital. Very taxing day...

I want to clear something up (again)... I understand most people only understand "in a coma" and "Awake"... That's not the way it is. Yesterday, I said Blake was awake, and yes, his eyes were open and he was communicating with us with his eyes and his hands, but he was heavily sedated and he will remember nothing of his current ordeal. He is on a ventilator to assist in his breathing, he's not sitting up playing video games, in fact, he'll not be sitting up doing anything any time soon. He may be dreaming of doing that, and he may be "awake" enough to show us with his hands he wants to play, he's in no condition to play anything. His body is being controlled by the medicine and machine he is on.

He's not regressed to the point where they need to switch to the big gun ventilator, but that may change at any moment. He could also get better at any moment, no one really knows what will happen. At this moment, as he has been the past 2 weeks, he's a very sick little boy and he's not himself, nor will he be himself for quite some time. Like I said, it's a roller coaster ride. His best high here lately has been him simply opening his eyes. Today we were at the lowest low so far.

Tonight he was resting peacefully, and heavily sedated. He is +9 liters of fluid this evening... that will take a very long time to drain off... Until then, he will be doing nothing but sleeping and staying heavily medicated.