Click here for Sep 11, 2004 update

Here is where you can read updates on the condition and treatment of Blake.
Some of the descriptions are graphic so PLEASE DO NOT READ IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW.
StepDad
Site Admin

Click here for Sep 11, 2004 update

Post by StepDad »

Here it is... September 11, 2004... A nations day or mourning and Blake is doing about as good as he has been doing. Today, it seems everyone else is in a funk.

Tammy went to what would have been his first football game today. They lost, but gave it their all. I'm proud of that team.

As for proud of a team... Blakes Hockey banquet was tonight, I got to get his trophy. The team, at their last playoff game, wore orange tape around their arm dedicated the game to Blake. They lost 1 - 0 to the championship winning team. They played with only 5 skaters. I'm very proud of that team. The team also made Blake a banner and all the players signed it for him. Tammy took the trophy to Blake tonight. I hope he's proud of the hard work he did to earn that trophy. I know we are.

They put out a jar to collect money and the great parents and kids at Ashland Skateland gave a lot. It will all go to help pay for whatever insurance doesn't cover.

Wish I knew more of how Blake is doing, but it seems to be the same. Only time will tell.
We would like to thank everyone who has donated to the Blake Wayland Leukemia Fund through this website, and those who participated in the sanctioned fundraisers