Click here for the August 31, 2004 updates

Here is where you can read updates on the condition and treatment of Blake.
Some of the descriptions are graphic so PLEASE DO NOT READ IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW.
StepDad
Site Admin

Click here for the August 31, 2004 updates

Post by StepDad »

The only thing that has been consistent with this whole ordeal is that Blake gets a fever at night, and it drops during the day. Well, today we got quite a scare... but it was much of the same thing... 105 degree temp... No explanation, but they are speculating he has a Fungal Infection.

Just when you think things cannot get any worse, tonight his temperature drops to normal... Yup, 98.6... Go figure. Cat scan scheduled for the morning to see if it is indeed a fungal infection, but drugs were started today to fight it in case it is... He has been on some major antibiotics so there is really no chance it's a normal infection... I'm not a doctor, so I cannot explain it, but then again, the doctors and nurses cannot explain it either... Chalk it up to the disease I guess...

Even as crappy and drugged up Blake is, he took the time to start to thumb wrestle me today while I was holding his hand. That was just after he tried crushing my hand while holding it. The boy still has his strength, and he's surely going to need it.

I'll post something if anything changes.

One more thing... We have a couple baskets of snacks up here. Please hold off on bringing any more snacks... We'll let you know when it's OK to do so.

Thank you