Click here for Oct 13, 2004 update

Here is where you can read updates on the condition and treatment of Blake.
Some of the descriptions are graphic so PLEASE DO NOT READ IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW.
StepDad
Site Admin

Click here for Oct 13, 2004 update

Post by StepDad »

Blake returned to the Hospital Monday morning and he was admitted to begin round 2 of his Chemo.

By this point in time, they expected his bone marrow to recover, but it has not. He had 6% blast cells in his Bone Marrow. They consider 5% or less remission. There were so few cells to count from that they couldn't tell if the 6% were truly Leukemic blast cells (Immature cells) or is they were healthy, not yet but still developing cells.

But none the less, they are treating him as if he didn't go into remission.

He has been eating and walking around as much as he can. He did get sick Monday night and last night, but he was able to sleep all night without incident (other than the nurse waking him up all night).

Blake actually asked for me to stay with him Monday night, his first night back in the hospital, for which I was honored. At least Tammy was able to go home and get a good nights sleep! We had a great night, except when the nurse would continuously come in and out of his room... At 1:30, she actually came in and asked Blake "You sleeping OK Blake?" I said "He was until you came in and woke everyone up."

Anyway, I digress... Blake is doing great and even has a roommate name Nick... A playstation buddy for a few days at least, until Nick goes home this week, then Blake will have a private room again.
We would like to thank everyone who has donated to the Blake Wayland Leukemia Fund through this website, and those who participated in the sanctioned fundraisers