Click here for "Blake at Home" Weekend update

Here is where you can read updates on the condition and treatment of Blake.
Some of the descriptions are graphic so PLEASE DO NOT READ IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW.
StepDad
Site Admin

Click here for "Blake at Home" Weekend update

Post by StepDad »

OK... Been a while and what a busy time it's been since my last post...

Blake came home Thursday afternoon and had a relaxing evening at home. Nursing company came to the house to show us how to hook Blake up to his IV's. He said it felt great to sleep in his own bed.

Friday was a day of Rest and Relaxation at home. Friday night, we went back to the Old Neighborhood and had a bit of a party for Blake. He had a great time and lasted until around 10:00 that night.

Saturday, Kanawha had a fund raiser for him and he went to the field to watch his team play football. They played with so much emotion and heart, but came up short. Blake even jumped up and down when they scored the first touchdown of the game.

Blake is not one to like attention and although he's not shy, he doesn't like to be in the spotlight. If he didn't talk to you, it's not because he didn't want to, he just got tired of all the hoopla over him...

Sunday, Blake went to his fathers wedding and then Tammy and I took him and the the kids to the Melting Pot, the one place Blake wanted to go to eat. The Melting Pot donated us a meal for 2 and I had a gift certificate for 2 so we only had to cover the tip. We are grateful to them for making Blakes wish come true!

For everyone that participated in the fund raiser at Kanawha, and for all that cared enough to show up in support of Blake, we are grateful!

Blake all in all had a great weekend, and thanks everyone for their support.
We would like to thank everyone who has donated to the Blake Wayland Leukemia Fund through this website, and those who participated in the sanctioned fundraisers